Apprentice Electricians study under a more experienced Electrician or team of Electricians to get on-the-job training, earn money and become the best Electrician they can be. Essential job duties of an Apprentice Electrician include troubleshooting electrical problems, installing various wiring and other types of electrical components, maintaining electrical systems, reading blueprints and schematics and using a number of different manual and electronic tools.
Our library of sample cover letters for Apprentice Electricians usually mention the following skills and qualifications:
Dear Mr. Arias,
I am submitting my enclosed resume for the position of Apprentice Electrician. With a high school diploma, an associate’s degree in electrical systems, several years of hands-on experience, a passion for learning and a valid driver’s license, I believe I would be a valuable asset to the Superior Electric team as well as a helpful assistant.
My experience thus far includes various courses on electrical systems, math, physics, blueprint reading and safety and several years of hands-on experience installing, testing and troubleshooting a variety of electrical systems.
The following are some highlights of my education and experience:
- Graduated from Star Valley High School
- Earned an associate’s degree in electrical systems from Drexel Technical College
- Learned how to install wiring systems for both commercial and residential use
- Learned how to install circuit breakers, lighting systems, sound systems and security systems
- Learned how to thread conduit ends and connect couplings
- Replaced and repaired countless circuit breakers, fuse boxes, electronic devices, generators and wires.
I may not have a lot of experience in the field, but I am passionate, personable and eager to learn, and I hope to be able to bring those qualities to an apprenticeship at Superior Electric.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you further about this position.
All the best,
Electrical Apprentice Cover Letter
An Electrical Apprentice works under the supervision of a commissioned Electrician to learn the trade through first-hand experience. It is part of the process toward becoming fully licensed and capable Electrician. The work hours for Electrical Apprentice are dependent on the location and a particular job’s requirements. An Electrical Apprentice has to be safety conscious at all times, and able to make client satisfaction a priority.
These are some of the expectations from Electrical Apprentices:
- Some form of theoretical Electrician training
- Able to read electrical schematics, diagrams, and blueprints
- Communication skills, self-supervision and respect for safety needs
- Available for a versatile work schedule
- Be able to climb ladders
- Have valid category five drivers’ license
In case you have not written a cover letter before, use our sample cover letter of an Electrical Apprentice provided here as inspiration.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Electrical Apprentice Resume Samples.
Dear Milton Kapps
I would like to be considered for the advertised Electrical Apprentice position with Lightning Electrical Services. After I complete my studies, my goal is to become a certified Electrician and this position will help me accomplish this. I am currently studying towards my degree, and I have completed a course in computers and algebra. My skills include the ability to take follow instructions, take accurate measurements and adhere to safety protocols.
As stated in my resume, I have experience in laying out most types of electrical systems and have completed preventative as well as regular maintenance tasks. I have listed my abilities below:
- Repairing and replacing wiring
- Testing electrical systems and connection of circuits
- Installing, bending and painting electrical conduits neatly and professionally
- Preparing materials and tools required to complete a job
- Operating power tools like drills and saws
I thank you for taking the time to read through my resume and I sincerely hope that it will lead you to making a decision to hire me for your vacancy. You can reach me through the details provided in my resume to arrange for an interview to discuss my qualifications and suitability. I look forward to hearing from you soon.