The Essay Writing Competition 2017 has been successfully completed and we appreciate the support of all participants.
Among the outstanding essays received, our judges have decided to award the following winners:
Prize winners will be notified individually.
Congratulations to all the winners!
Prize Presentation Ceremony
All winners will be notified individually by post and by email, and be invited to the Prize Presentation Ceremony. Details of the ceremony as follows:
|Date:||18 June 2017 (Sunday)|
|Time:||14:30 – 16:00|
3 Wah Lam Path,
Pokfulam, Hong Kong
- Only enrolled students within the registered school are allowed to participate in the Hong Kong Young Writers Awards 2018. No individual entries are allowed.
- If you have a primary and secondary sections in your school please register separately indicating on the form whether it is from the primary or secondary section. Within the primary and secondary schools more than one teacher can register and submit. Each registered teacher can submit a total of 10 entries for literary categories. If the entries exceed that we will take the top 10 entries on the entry form.In the Digital Storytelling Category one teacher per school must review the short films and submit to the competition.
- We require all literary submissions to be attached to an email and sent to our email address with a completed submission form attached (email@example.com). Each school must register themselves via email on or before October 31st , 2016 in order to compete. Emailed submissions are due by 6pm (GMT +8) on January 15th, 2018. Anything received after this date will not be considered. Every piece of literary work must carry the School Name, Student’s Name, Category and Group in the file name, but the file name WILL be edited to facilitate fair judging. In the Digital Story Telling Category each film must be sent via wetransfer or uploaded onto youtube with links provided.
- There is a separate category for cover art. Only Primary schools can also submit 10 entries in each of the 2 Cover Art groups. In the Cover Art Category each submission must include a cover sheet. Please note: if you are submitting in the cover art category, your entry MUST be postmarked by January 13th January, 2018. Please post us at: Hong Kong Young Writers Awards 2016, PPP Company Limited, Unit 713, Level 7, Core E, Cyberport 3, 100 Cyberport Road, Cyberport, Hong Kong. We must receive the hard copy submissions of the Cover Art by January 15th, 2018. Anything received after this date will not be considered. The Cover Art must carry the Author’s Name on the back and should not carry the Student’s Group Category, Title or Page Number.
- In the Literary Categories works must be submitted with 1” margins all around, single line and word spacing, and typed in 10 point Times New Roman font. The literary works must only feature the title and written text of the students work. There is no need to include headers, footers or page numbers in the original documents. Cover Art work must be submitted on 297mm x 420mm (A3) paper, portrait orientation. The word document written submissions must been emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm (GMT +8) on January 15th , 2018 attached with a completed submission form. This will ensure that we have received all your entries and have an accurate point of reference. You will receive a confirmation email once the submissions have been accepted. If your school is submitting both cover art and literary entries, please send all the information in one notification email with the completed entry form.
- In the Digital Storytelling Category Films must be no longer than 6 minutes. The filename of the film must follow a specific format – Students names, School name, Teachers name. All music and images used in the films must be original, public domain or licensed. Work must not be plagiarised or infringe copyrights.
- Word limits must be within the specified number of words. Otherwise, entries will be disqualified and P3 will not be responsible for notifying the school if this happens.
- No more than one story can be accepted by each student in each participating school. Co-authored papers will not be accepted.
- Only original and non-published work may be submitted and by entering the competition you are confirming that to the best of your knowledge the work is exclusively that of the individual it has been attributed to. No parental involvement is allowed. In the case of the Cover Art work, you are confirming that the work is that of the named individuals. Plagiarism – use of third party works – without written permission from the author will result in disqualification of the entrant and possibly the school.
- Entries submitted will not be returned to the author unless requested by the school to P3 in writing to the following email address: email@example.com.
- The competition will be judged by a panel of judges. Their decision will be final.
- Parents should not write the entries on behalf of their child.
- Entries included in the anthology may be lightly edited by the publishers.
If you have an questions or queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org