Park Ranger, 06/2013 to 10/2013
Oregon State Parks (Summer Job) – Culver, OR
Worked with a verity of small equipment and tooling to keep park clean and functioning. I also have work experience with reservation system, & having to do shift reports.
Cashier (Part Time/Part Time College Student), 02/2014 to 06/2014
Home Depot – Portland, OR
Worked as a cashier at all ends of the store. I worked mainly at pros desk and got very familiar with many kinds of tooling and building matierals.
Grader, 06/2014 to Current
Brightwood Corporation – Madras, OR
Started entry level as a stacker, moved to position as grader. Grade many different types of wood, I have to properly finish and prepare units for ship out & maintain a neat work space. During my shift I work with the computer system and programs to properly maintain paperwork for ship out. I know how to operate a tenoner and can calibrate the wood. I work with a variety of equipment. Mainly saws, from chop saws, circular saws, and table saws.
High School Diploma: 2012
Culver High School - Culver, OR
4 credits away from Associates of Applied Science: Working towards Associates/Undecided, Took Break in Fall 2014
COCC - Bend, OR
Park Ranger Cover Letter
Park Rangers protect conservatories and forests; these employees of the state or federal government complete duties such as patrolling sites, organizing tours for park guests, answering questions, enforcing fire and safety rules, making sure the natural environment is not affected by campers and hikers, fighting fires, and supporting conservation efforts. At times Park Rangers need to conduct search-and-rescue missions as well. Most of their work is completed outdoors, regardless of weather conditions.
Based on our collection of sample cover letters for Park Ranger, essential job requirements include:
- Training in forestry or biology
- Being able to work outdoors
- Physical fitness and resilience
- Good orientation abilities
- An interest in environment conservation
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to safety
- Reliability and integrity
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving orientation
Relevant job skills and experience can be seen in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Park Ranger Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Garza:
With this letter and the enclosed resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Park Ranger position you have available. As an enthusiastic and educated individual with a demonstrated commitment to ensuring the longevity, integrity, and profitability of our state park system—as well as exceptional communication and leadership talents—I possess a range of knowledge and experience that will allow me to contribute toward the success of the Cascade Monument Park.
My background spans more then six years of experience maintaining the safety and health of Washington’s state parks in both volunteer and professional capacities. Skilled in coordinating the maintenance and general upkeep of park grounds and facilities, I excel at liaising with both the general public as well as various community groups to ensure optimal recreational program and facility reach, usage, and satisfaction.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Serving as a Park Ranger with Snoqualmie Falls State Park for the past four years, assisting in areas such as natural resource management, visitor services and support, program development, public tours, and facility safety.
- Creating, refining, and implementing interpretive park programs for the general public, including educational programs for children aimed at fostering a lifelong appreciation for the state and national park system.
- Fine-tuning and enforcing rules and regulations to maximize park safety, health, and profitability.
- Coordinating daily operations, teams, and administration to ensure comprehensive and successful community recreational offerings.
- Achieving a Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resource Management from Evergreen State College.
My proven dedication to facilitating outstanding state park programs and offerings, along with my exceptional interpersonal and relationship management talents, will contribute immensely to the success of Cascade Monument Park. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
David P. Walker